Sunday 7 June 2009

Welcome...this is panic

Ladies and gentlemen; This is Panic.

T.I.P. started as one crazy rambling on Facebook in May 2009. I am 24 and since the age of 17, panic attacks have been an unfortunate part of my life. They are something I am working on removing from my life and I am looking at ways to do that.

The original T.I.P post was me trying to do what makes me feel better, rationalise everything that happens to me in my head. The original This is Panic series of notes is an ongoing project that is helping me to do two important things:

1. To try and explain to people about something that people are scared to talk about; the impact that anxiety disorders, panic disorders, phobias and the like have on people and the ones they love.

2. It's a cathartic process for me. The more I think about this, the better I feel I understand me and my condition.

I don't want this to be about me but about all of us. Beating this condition is not just something I am doing but many people.

If you care for someone with attacks and want to explain what you've done, let me know. I want you to write for the blog.

If you suffer from attacks and want to vent your feelings and fears in a constructive and entertaining to read way, let me know. I want you to write for the blog.

If you are of a medical disposition and want to explain about the condition on a greater level in a way that will appeal to the masses, let me know. I want you to write for the blog.

This will never be a definitive guide on how to beat something that affects millions but if one person reads this and feels better about themselves because they feel that they are not crazy or alone then this is worth it.

This is Panic; it affects us but it will not define us.

No comments:

Post a Comment